Internet Child Exploitation: Myths & Facts
Technology has added a new dimension to the victimization of children and youth. It is important to understand the realities and misconceptions of Internet offending and offenders in order to help keep kids safer online.
This workshop will address the following questions:
- Internet offenders – who are they and how do they engage children and youth?
- How does online exploitation further complicate disclosure?
- The Criminal Code of Canada – how does it address Internet Child Exploitation?
- How does the legal age of consent factor into online victimization?
- Is there always an investigation when online exploitation is a factor, including cyberbullying?
- Why is it important to look at online safety and prevention from a developmental perspective?