Employment Opportunities at Boost CYAC
Prevention Educator: Sexual Health | Full Time Contract, with benefits (Toronto)
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for the past 37 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Prevention Education Program (PEP) designs and delivers evidence-based, primary prevention programming for children and youth on personal safety and healthy relationships, as well as delivering training, consultation and support to professionals, caregivers and the community.
We are looking for a Prevention Educator with a specialization in Sexual Health, who has experience in program development, comfort with public speaking and an expertise in the healthy sexual development of children and youth. The Prevention Educator will work with our team to develop programs and resources, as well as deliver our Healthy Relationships program to Grade 7 and 8 students in Toronto school boards.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A degree in Nursing, Social Work, Education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience providing education on the topic of healthy sexual development of children and adolescents.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth & Family Services Act, 2017, the child protection system, the Toronto area social service/children’s mental health system, and the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and the field of trauma including the effects of trauma on children, youth and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams of multidisciplinary professionals and community partners.
- Ability to employ self-care strategies and maintain a positive attitude in relation to potentially stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Ability to speak languages other than English is an asset.
THE RIGHT PERSON IN THIS ROLE WILL:
- Deliver prevention programming to classrooms in Toronto school boards.
- Contribute to the evaluation and improvement of program delivery, materials and presentations.
- Deliver training sessions to professionals, caregivers and community members.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Use creativity and problem solving skills to respond to concerns in child-serving organizations and the community.
- Participate in team meetings, Boost CYAC functions and community meetings as require.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
If you want to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send your cover letter and resume by email to:
Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration
Application Deadline: October 19, 2018
Boost CYAC is committed to:
- creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- providing accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.