Employment Opportunities at Boost CYAC
Child & Youth Advocacy Program Manager | Full-time Permanent (Toronto)
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for the past 35 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Child & Youth Advocacy Program (CYAP) is a voluntary service offered to all families involved with Boost CYAC during a child abuse investigation by police and/or child protection services. Our staff provides immediate and ongoing support, advocacy and referral services to children/youth and their non-offending family members.
We are looking for a CYAP Manager with clinical, supervisory and program development expertise and an interest in supporting child and youth victims and their families. The CYAP Manager will work with our community partners to further develop the service delivery process for the CYAC, as well as develop, implement and manage the CYAP.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- An MSW or equivalent degree/diploma.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the CYAC model and purpose.
- Sound knowledge of the field of trauma, the effects of trauma on children, youth and their families, and child and adolescent development.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and management skills for a minimum of 3 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidenced-based and/or evidenced informed trauma specific crisis and therapeutic services. Clinical experience with children and youth is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of domestic human trafficking and how it impacts youth, services available to youth who have been exploited and clinical interventions to best support them.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams of multidisciplinary professionals.
- Ability to employ self-care strategies and maintain a positive attitude in relation to potentially stressful situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diverse cultures and the cultural impact on the delivery of services.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth & Family Services Act, 2017, the child protection system, the Toronto area social service/children’s mental health system, and the criminal justice system.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including database management.
- Ability to speak languages other than English is an asset.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS ROLE WILL:
- Manage the CYAP, including the hiring, training and clinical supervision of several Advocates.
- Coordinate referrals to the Counselling Services Team and ensure that clients receive timely counselling services whenever possible.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with Boost CYAC and partner agency staff to act in client’s best interests.
- Work as part of the Joint Management Team to develop and coordinate services to children, youth and families at the CYAC.
- Promote communication and coordination among all partner agency staff with respect to case management and service delivery.
- Coordinate the ongoing CYAP data management and evaluation process.
- Use creativity and problem solving skills towards ongoing program development.
- Participate in clinical team meetings, Boost CYAC functions and other meetings as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
If you want to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send your cover letter and resume by email to: Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Boost CYAC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; and providing accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.