Employment Opportunities at Boost CYAC
Internet Child Exploitation (ICE) Program Coordinator
FULL TIME (CONTRACT)
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for the past 35 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Internet Child Exploitation (ICE) Program is a province wide counselling referral and funding program established by the Ontario Victim Services Secretariat at the Ministry of the Attorney General and administered by Boost CYAC. Through the ICE Program funding and short-term counselling services are approved and coordinated for child and youth victims of Internet exploitation and their impacted family members.
We are looking for an ICE Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of intake, outreach, operational and administrative program related tasks. This is not a direct clinical or therapy based role; however, you will need a strong understanding of childhood trauma, crisis intervention and case management. Reporting to the Intake Manager, the ideal candidate is someone looking to enhance their skills in program development and growth.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A BSW or equivalent degree or diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, preferably in program support and program coordination and working directly with clients.
- Direct experience collaborating with teams of multidisciplinary professionals and community partners.
- Sound knowledge of child & adolescent trauma and demonstrated ability to provide sensitivity & support to child and youth victims and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to crisis situations and provide crisis support when required.
- Ability to employ self-care strategies and maintain a positive attitude in relation to potentially stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrates flexibility, judgement, initiative, confidentiality and a strong work ethic.
- Proficient in computer skills including database management.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS ROLE WILL:
- Effectively communicate ICE Program objectives and guidelines to clients, referral sources and community partners.
- Respond to and process all referrals to the ICE Program, using program specific eligibility criteria and ensure clients are referred to ICE Program registered therapists for trauma informed counselling services.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of qualified therapist across Ontario, with a particular focus on therapists with expertise in the provision of counselling to children, youth and families.
- Develop and implement outreach and promotion activities to raise awareness about the Program and how to apply for counselling services.
- Coordinate the invoice system in partnership with the finance department and respond to all invoice related inquiries.
- Coordinate quarterly statistical reports in partnership with the Intake Manager and attend quarterly program development meetings with the Ministry of the Attorney General.
- Participate in activities of the Provincial Strategy to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse and Exploitation on the Internet, including supporting members to make timely referrals, attending a yearly conference and providing relevant statistical data.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
If you want to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send
your cover letter and resume by email to:
Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration
Application Deadline: July 31, 2017
Boost CYAC is committed to:
- creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- providing accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.