Employment Opportunities at Boost CYAC
Development Officer (Full-time Permanent)
Reports to: Director of Development & Marketing
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for the past 36 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Boost CYAC Development team generates over $3.5M+ annually from corporate and private partnerships and special events. We are looking for a full time Development Officer to cultivate fundraising relationships, develop partnership ideas and proposals and manage special events, including The Butterfly Ball®, a glamorous fundraising event for the Toronto social scene.
You’ll need to have:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of charitable sector experience, or transferable experience in a business development role.
- A proven track record of securing gifts.
- Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills with an eye for detail.
- The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- The ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative, works well on their own and is an excellent team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of energy, passion, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, good humour and commitment.
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect (data entry, data maintenance and data base administrative skills) or equivalent donor management system.
- Proficiency in MS-Office, MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop an asset.
The right person for this role will:
- Help to Develop Annual Fundraising Plan: Work with the Director on the Annual Fundraising Plan to identify new opportunities, develop cultivation strategies and solicit corporate and foundation gifts that reflect fundraising target and oversee implementation. Write and edit major proposals to corporations and foundations by working with program staff on program design, proposal writing, budgeting and editing.
- Assist with Event & Fundraising Campaign Development and Implementation: Manage coordination and implementation of special events including The Butterfly Ball®. Act as an ambassador for Boost CYAC and attend events as required.
- Support Donor Stewardship and Recognition: Oversee and maintain all donor records. Support the Director’s donor relations, including preparation of correspondence, proposals, meeting briefs, call notes, DonorPerfect actions, and stewardship activities. Ongoing communication with private and corporate donors.
- Coordinate Event Volunteers: Assess and meet the organization’s needs through the recruitment, placement, and training of volunteers for fundraising events.
Here’s how to apply:
If you want to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send your cover letter and resume by email to:
Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017
Boost CYAC is committed to:
- Creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- Providing accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.