Program Assistant | Part Time 1 Year, Contract (Toronto)
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for over 39 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Child & Youth Advocacy Program (CYAP) provides support and advocacy to clients when they attend Boost CYAC for a child abuse investigation and when they need to testify in a criminal court proceeding. The Child Victim Witness Support (CVWSP) Program provides support to children and youth who may need to testify in a criminal court proceeding.
We are looking for a part-time Program Assistant to provide administrative and resource support to the CYAP and CVWSP teams, including but not limited to, responding to and completing client intakes, maintaining client files, database input and community resource outreach and reviews.
You’ll need to have:
- A BA, BSW and/or equivalent degree or diploma in social work, social services, criminology or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience providing administrative/resource support and direct outreach with clients in an organization or agency serving children/youth and families.
- Direct experience collaborating with teams of multidisciplinary professionals.
- Sound knowledge of various community resources available to children, youth and their families, who have experience abuse and/or violence and who may be required to testify in criminal court proceedings.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with demonstrated flexibility, judgement, initiative, confidentiality and strong work ethic.
- The ability to employ self-care strategies and maintain a positive attitude in relation to potentially stressful situations.
- Superior computer skills and knowledge, including proficiency in MS-Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Expereince with the Child & Youth Information System (CYSIS), considered an asset.
The right person in this role will:
- Responds to all inquiries and provide information/consultation with respect to CYAP and CVWSP services and process all referrals to the program.
- Open, maintain and close all CYAP/CVWSP client files and input client data into the CYSIS database system.
- Research and recommend internal and community referrals as requested by program staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date community resource list for program and Boost CYAC agency staff.
- Provide general administrative support to program staff, including but not limited to, minute taking, filing, sending and receiving mailings, photocopying and faxing.
- Liason with justice partners and manage court appearance data.
- Notify families of impending court dates and schedule court preparations sessions between families and program staff.
Here’s how to apply:
If you want to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send your cover letter and resume by email to:
Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration email@example.com
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
Boost CYAC is committed to: creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and providing accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.