Current Employment Opportunities
PREVENTION EDUCATOR: Community Crisis Response | 4 Year Contract with Benefits (Toronto)
Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (Boost CYAC) is a registered charity that has worked in the City of Toronto for the past 37 years providing support to children and youth who have experienced abuse or violence, and their families.
The Prevention Education Program (PEP) designs and delivers evidence-based, primary prevention programming for children and youth on personal safety and healthy relationships, as well as delivering training, consultation and support to professionals, caregivers and the community.
We are looking for a Prevention Educator who has experience working with youth, a comfort with public speaking and a knowledge of child welfare. The Prevention Educator will work with our team to provide crisis support to child-serving agencies, following a child abuse investigation, as well as delivery our Healthy Relationships program to Grade 7 and 8 students in Toronto school boards.
You’ll need to have:
- A degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with youth.
- Experience in social work and/or providing crisis support.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth & Family Services Act, 2017, the child protection system, the Toronto area social service/children’s mental health system, and the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and the field of trauma including the effects of trauma on children, youth and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams of multidisciplinary professionals and community partners.
- Ability to employ self-care strategies and maintain a positive attitude in relation to potentially stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Ability to speak languages other than English is an asset.
The right person for this role will:
- Deliver prevention programming to elementary students in Toronto school boards.
- Support child-serving organizations dealing with an issue, crisis or concern following a child abuse investigation.
- Contribute to the evaluation and improvement of program delivery, materials and presentations.
- Deliver training sessions to professionals, caregivers and community members.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Use creativity and problem solving skills to respond to concerns in child-serving organizations and the community.
- Participate in team meetings, Boost CYAC functions and community meetings as required.
- Be avaiable to work evenings, as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
If you would like to help us provide invaluable support to children, youth and their families please send your cover letter and resume by email to Linda Arwich, Manager of Human Resources and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2019
Boost CYAC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide accommodations in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their submission; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.